Sunday, August 20, 2006

I rented and watched a Kathy Smith work out video this weekend Lift Weights to Lose Weight. It confirmed that most of what I am doing I am doing right. She added some aerobic stuff into the workout which I'm not going to do but it helped me to watch her work out. She said all the same stuff about weight lifting that Kristen has told us... using lighter weights to tone and for endurance, heavier for strength training and shaping. They only used 3 and 5 pound dumbells in the video. I use 25 pounds for the same things they were doing and I think you guys use even heavier than that, don't you?

I've missed working out the last couple of weeks and am ready to get busy. She also said that if you are working out with heavier weights you shouldn't lift but 3 times a week. I plan on doing Mon., Wed., and Friday this week.

How's the running coming?

It actually cooled down here today into the high 80's. It felt like fall weather for us. If it keeps this up we will back to walking soon. Mark and I are both looking forward to being able to walk again.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'll bet you're happy to get back outside to walk again, huh?

As far as what I am doing...well, I think I'm going to have to email you guys. Can someone forward my email to Becky?

Sandra said...

Great job Aola! I love Kathy Smith. I have used a few of her tapes in the past. She has mega energy!