Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can I just tell you ladies how free I feel right now? I'm making biscuits this morning! I only eat biscuits on special occasions, or at least I used to only eat them then. Sure, I replaced half the flour with whole wheat flour and added some flax seed, but I didn't do it because I was thinking about calories. I was thinking about the whole grains my body needs to feel good. The few days that I've been trying to listen to my body, I haven't over eaten. I've eaten more small meals durring the day. Usually when I felt those hunger pains around 11 a.m., I would tell my body to be quiet because it wasn't time to eat yet. Now, I have a snack. I'm trying to eat slowly and focus on when I feel satisfied. Before, I was punishing myself for being fat. I'm realising now more than ever that my weight is not as much in my control as I would like for it to be. I took the advice from one of the articles and looked back at pictures of my family from as far back as I have them. The women on both side of my family have been well built. I wouldn't call them fat. They've all had curves, and they were all beautiful! I'm glad I'm not punishing myself anymore. That only led to rewarding myself on Sunday and feeling miserable afterwards.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I feel the same way! I'm more satisfied and I'm actually craving vegetables! Candy doesn't have a huge hold on me. I don't feel like like I have to eat or sneak treats at the office. And I don't feel guilty. I have actually done more thinking about real life in the past few days than I have in a long time...all my thoughts before were about my next workout or next meal.

aola said...

Me Three!!

I WILL NEVER DIET AGAIN I will however eat healthy because I like the way I feel when I eat healty. I won't overeat because I don't like the way I feel when I overeat. I will exercise because I like the way my body feels - strong and toned. I will wear sexy clothes and know that I look good in them because I am WOMAN!!

I really love you ladies.