Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Links, links, beautiful links

This is a really good article; there's hardly anything stupid in it. :)

Fitness Blitz: The 30 Minute Workout

Check it out if you are interested in short and effective workouts. They actually split up the push/pull/horizontal/vertical movements like many of the top trainers and exercise physiologists do (rather than body parts), which I thought was just great.

_____________________________________________________________

Don't hate me, but...when I was in Denver, I bought an O magazine. I'm not part of the whole Oprah cult, but this magazine is great!

There was an amazing article on how to make new, better habits and why we tend to have a hard time changing our bad ones. It is long, but well worth the read. Here's the article on PDF.

Here's another article: one blogger writes about her reading of the article and includes a lot of quotes and the main points of the article. Check it out if you want. I'm not one for making excuses, but this article answered a lot of questions for me, and maybe it will do the same for you.

It really helped me understand why stress makes me revert back to eating junk food and lots of carbs. It also helped me see how I can "re-wire" my brain to consistently enjoy exercise and eating right: lots of rewards, total avoidance of places where I can fall (pretty much everywhere, but certain restaurants and situations make it harder), and exercising consistently (usually 2-4 weeks every day) until the dopamine kicks in and reminds me every day how much I love it.

Still working on PBJ time...hopefully good news soon!

3 comments:

aola said...

That was an interesting article, our bodies fascinate me. But, it kind of made me feel like "why bother", it's too hard.

Kristen said...

Yeah, I kinda felt that way, too. But it gave me a little hope--the more good you do, the more you want to do it!

Sandra said...

wow, it's a linkapalooza. :) I'll make sure to read these articles tonight.