Thursday, February 08, 2007

I was thinking today about all the things I do to try to stay healthy and not get as big as a freakin' barn.

I've given up bacon, which I love so much that I could eat every day of my life - no problem.
I eat mustard on everything instead of mayo.
I cook fish at least two times a week and
one night we have a meatless meal.
I eat fresh vegetables and buy as many things organic as they sell at Walmart.
I drink water almost exclusively and if I do ever have pop, it is diet.
Any milk I use is either soy or low fat.
Low fat yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, fat free chips.
I have made myself learn to eat small portions, five times a day instead of large meals.
We eat a lot of chicken breast and very little beef. I only buy 90% lean hamburger meat.
I hate brown rice but we do eat wild rice instead.
I exercise 3 days a week and try to stay active in the house, in the yard, etc.
I keep a food journal count every bite of food I take to keep my calories controlled.

All these things and more and I'm still overweight. I am in good health though, haven't had so much as a cold this winter.

I'm just wondering how much I would weigh if I didn't do all this?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I wonder the same thing A. I think about all the things I don't eat that I could and all the ways I eat differently now than I did when I lived with my mom. We used to eat ice cream at least twice a week with all the toppings and tons of friend food. I barely eat ice cream and when I do eat it, it's the half the fat stuff and usually sugar free, and we barely ever eat fried anything. Yet still, I am overweight. I keep thinking there has to be something more to this that I can't see. People always talk about making small changes and seeing results. That has never worked for me. Even the big changes don't seem to show much result.