Monday, August 24, 2009

The good: I have been walking more!

The bad: I have not been going to bed on time ( as is evident with this post) and I have an addiction to coke. Unfortunately it's the beverage variety and not the powdery white stuff that could help with weight loss.

I feel like I don't even know how to start this time! Life is so full of chaos right now and that is an awful excuse, but I just don't feel like I have any bit of routine to use as a starting point. Every time I try to carve something out something else pops up. David did apply for a new job that would give him normal hours and weekends off. That could be the beginning of a normal schedule if he gets it. It must sound like I'm full of excuses and maybe I am. It just feels like I'm always running from one thing to the next and trying to juggle a healthy diet and workout on top of all this running has me tired before I even start.

I know, it's about putting me first, but I'm not sure how to do that with an 11 month old and a 13 year-old.

I'll find a way. I have to do this for them and for me! So, starting tomorrow it's an 11 o'clock bed time for me. I don't care how many photos need editing or what house work is left undone.

4 comments:

E. Michelle said...

I've been going otbe bed earlier... and still sleeping past nine. crazy.

2. you don't sound full of excuses.

3. i have been trying to decide what i will eat all day in the morning, sometimes that helps with an unpredictable schedule.

aola said...

seems like that there has been a lot of chaos around here too and I just don't like it one little bit... I like my nice, quiet routine.

I haven't walked at all this week and I have NO excuses, the weather has been beautiful and I have had the time. Let's see... Sunday I didn't go because Rufus had a hurt foot and I knew he would try to follow me. Monday I didn't go because I needed to mow the walking trail (which I did get done) Today I didn't go because I was at the f***ing DMV all day....

see.. no excuses.

I will go tomorrow. I will. I will. I will.

aola said...

and BTW... I'm really glad that it is the beverage and not the powder:)

Kristen said...

Up too late here also. And no, you don't sound full of excuses...at least not bad ones. :)

I'm trying to do what Erica is doing, too, about the food.

Maybe incorporate HayHay and Erin in the exercise (walks? biking? yoga?) when you can so you can multitask?