Saturday, August 22, 2009

So Far. . .

my eating habits are shifting back to a little healthier. I have been to Jason's deli twice when i would have gone somewhere else. I had a salad yesterday at Chili's. you'll notice the trend: i am eating out a lot. it is really hard to control your weight under those circumstances.

Still, i feel that unless I had been weighing myself every morning-- something I was unable to do during the month i was on the road-- aha!-- i would still be in a binging state and gaining weight.

I expect three pounds to come off relatively easily over the next week and a half (when I will fly to boston) and then I will begin a real attempt to lose ten pounds. September and October! seven week to lose ten pounds at that point. I will be walking all around Boston and totally in-charge of my own kitchen. it is highly possible.

On A's blog she posts about not getting sleep.
This is a huge huge deal when it comes to weight maintenance and loss, and as she mentions, her disrupted sleep patterns create a disharmony to the time kept in her home-- she and Em are in a different world.

A: please please focus on getting back onto a decent sleep schedule before you attempt weight loss. it is more important. I would like to read about how you attempt to do so, so please write it all out...

love you all.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah, traveling can totally mess you up.

I'm still not sleeping through the night--A is usually up every three to four hours. Still. (Last night was amazing--she slept for 8 straight--but I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened since she was born.) We are working on this. Sleep/cortisol/etc. is definitely a factor for me, too.

A, I hope you can get the sleep thing together.

aola said...

haven't you heard? old people don't sleep :)

aola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

Sleep is a huge issue for me! David doesn't get home until 2 am and I find it so hard to sleep without him.

K, Hayden doesn't sleep through the night either. He's awake every four hours.

E, you are right, sleep is vital!

A, at least you know two of us are not sleeping with you. Wait..did that come out wrong??