Sunday, August 09, 2009

I didn't get into bed until 2am, I was up and down all night coughing and gagging, didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning and when I did it was already hot. I walked to the dog pen, walked back to the laundry room (where the dog food is kept)fed Rufus, walked back to the dog pen (100 yards or so), fed Copper, picked tomatoes and okra while I was down that way, walked to the pool to turn off the pump (another 50 yards, or there about)started back to the house................. it's hot........ I told my girls I was going to do this... and off I went up the trail.

So, thanks for holding me accountable. I felt better about making myself go walk.

(even though I was miserable hot and sweaty by the time I got back)

I had my half cup of coffee and NO cookie.

I had two scrambled eggs for breakfast instead of a bagel and cheese.

I did pretty good all day until supper time and then I had a about a cup of strawberry ice cream and two shortbread cookies.

Oh, well, it is a start.

I think I will go walk again this evening before dark.

How are you doing?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Good job A! It's so hard to feel motivated in the heat. It's muggy here.
Since I didn't comment on the previous post until this evening I'm starting tomorrow.
I'm going to start by walking 30 minutes a day every day, going to bed by 11, and taking my vitamins. I'm going to do that for a week and then I'll start on the food list. I'll be keeping an eye on myself this week, but I'm not going to commit to changing the food and the other things all at once. I've got to ease myself into it. :)

aola said...

me, too. I don't plan on making big changes or drastic changes but just get back to what I know is good for me. If I try to anything too drastic I will fail and I know it.

Jen said...

Great start Aola! I won't be starting until I go back to my apartment. Right now I'm at my parents for the summer and my best laid plans never seem to work out when I'm here. I'll keep you updated when I start.