Saturday, August 08, 2009

one more time

I am not sure what happened to cause me to completely fall off the healthy lifestyle wagon, but, I have. I have been feeling guilty for several weeks now about not walking, but, still I don't walk. I blame the heat, then the rain, well, I'm out of excuses. While I was brushing my teeth tonight getting ready to go to bed I looked at myself in the mirror and thought "Geez, Aola, you look terrible" My eyes are sunken in and have big dark circles around them. I have been fighting this cough for almost three months now and my body is just not healing the way it should. I'm not winning. All I want to eat is sweets and that is not like me. I have actually lost weight this summer but only because I just don't have much of an appetite.
I went to bed and lay there thinking about all the things I know to do and do not... well, you all know what that is. The Bible says it's a sin. I say it is just stupid.

So, I got up out of bed and put my robe on and came to the office to declare (once again) that I will fight (for a better quality of life). I will turn this around again and get well, get to feeling better, looking better, and feeling better about myself.

I will get up in the morning and NOT eat a cookie with my morning 1/2 cup of coffee and I will take the dogs on a walk before breakfast.

I am going to revert back to my healthier eating, more veggies and fruits and good proteins, less sugar.

I will take the proper vitamins and supplements daily instead of every third or fourth day like I have been.

Sometimes, I guess, I just get weary in well doing. It is hard being older and not being able to eat the things you really like or having the energy to keep fighting. But, my resolve is in place and

HERE I GO....................

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'll join in with you. I'm not feeling that motivated, but I think if I just get started the motivation will come. The surgery really threw me for a loop mentally. Feeling so out of control of everything left me wondering why I even try. But I just had a talk with my aunt today. She has type one diabetes that didn't develop until she was 35! Durring surgery my sugar skyrocketed which I guess is a sigh of pre-diabetes. That is scary! I need to get this under control before it's completely out of my control. So, I'm in if you're in. I'm going to start walking in the morning on days I don't work and in the evening on the days I do. That will be enough of a start for now.

Jen said...

I'm in too...as I look at the remains of chocolate cake on my plate...although I've said that for a while now. My plan is to join the rehab center gym where I can exercise next to people who have had hip replacements :) A friend of mine from work has said that she would join too, so I hope she can hold me accountable. My problem is the meals. I have no desire to cook every night and there are some nights when it is so much easier to go through the drive thru than to think about what I can make that might taste good and be healthy. Any recipe suggestions are welcome.

aola said...

Okay ladies, let's do it.

Sandy I worry about diabetes for Emily.. I just don't know how to help her lose weight. I talked to a friend who is a personal trainer, but, so far he has not come back with any real solutions for us.

Jen - order a grilled chicken salad at the drive thru (Burger King makes a good one) and leave off the dressing.

I have a list of Super Foods hanging on my kitchen wall; I will post it here .. soon.

I don't care anymore about losing weight. I just am not ready to die from some disease that could have been prevented with a little common sense living and at my age that is a real factor.