Thursday, August 20, 2009

I have walked three times this week and hope to go again in the morning, not bad. I even increased the time on the last walk.
My eating has been hit and miss.. I do really well and then follow it up with junk.

I had a dream the other night that I was shopping for a dress and the only one that would fit me was a size 25. Weird dream, I know, but, I woke up feeling so bad about myself. It has kind of stuck with me all week.

There are times when I would like to dress up or at least dress better and then I get this feeling of "why bother" "no matter what I put on I am still going to look fat and ugly"

I know this is not supposed to be about weight but sometimes I can't help but let it bother me.. but it never bothers me enough to actually do something about it. I just feel bad and keep on doing the same things.

I bought a new pair of dark wash jeans from Lane Bryant. They have this stupid new sizing chart where you put in your measurements and they give you your new size. I bought size 5 jeans. What?? They think they are going to fool women into believing they are not fat just by changing the sizes? The size 5's were too big in the waist even after giving them measurements. I sent them back.

I did walk right on by the bakery department at Sam's today while everyone was ooohhing and aaawwing over the baked goods. Yeah Me!

I will get up in the morning and go walk. I will drink water at least half of the time. I will try to nibble on grapes instead of chips (I only bought fat free anyway)
I will keep trying. I will.

4 comments:

E. Michelle said...

A. it was the European jean size 25-- tiny!
no really, you sound a little beat up in this post.
You have to know that a healthy you is the goal, one you achieve on a daily basis- today I ate healthy,etc- vs. the goal is a small you.
it isn't nearly at all the same thing. I am a bigger person and I like it. ( I am 5'8 and bigger framed) so i never think about size and only think about how I feel*feel*feel.
I also use the scale to tell me what direction i am heading in-- otherwise I won't know until I start to feel uncomfy .
I am not trying to preach, but maybe to help you challenge some of the size-focus...

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...yes...the new Lane Bryant jeans are ridiculous! I thought it was just me that didn't like them. I went to the store and they measured me, gave me a certain size and they didn't fit. I was too embarassed to tell them that they didn't fit. So, now I go to the Lane Bryant Outlet. They still have the "old" jeans. Thank God, or I don't know what I would do!

aola said...

erica - you are right on every count. I do feel beat up, sometimes. In my head I know it shouldn't be about size, but my emotions don't always pay attention to my head. And.. most of the time I am okay with the way I look .. just some days I don't. I think it was the dream, you know how that feelings linger after you wake up?

But, thanks for "preaching" at me. I needed it!

Kristen said...

Really good points, Erica.

A--we all are there sometimes, for sure.