Monday, April 03, 2006

A competition

I was talking to my sister-in-law's sister-in-law (did you follow that?) this weekend. She just organized a "Biggest Loser"-type competition, complete with some very stringent rules, among 13 of her friends and family. They are all pitching in $100 and whoever wins, gets $1,000. Second and third places receive $200 and $100 respectively.

I'm not suggesting we do that here at all. :)

But I thought it was kind of a fun thought...it made me wonder how motivating it would be to have a $1,000 prize to stick to a diet and exercise plan. I felt my competitive juices flowing! (I always say I'm not competitive, but sometimes I really am!) I wonder how we could motivate ourselves like that. I'd love to have a fire lit under my butt like that! Hahaha!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm all for doing something like this. I think it would be great motivation! I know if we dangled a gift certificate for Amazon.com infront of Aola she would do it. :)

R said...

Can we wait till I'm not pregnant? Please . . . hear the whine.

Kristen said...

I don't know if I could compete against you guys...I love you all too much! I would want you guys to win! (I think we all have such different goals...I don't know if it would work...)

But if we do something like this, we will definitely wait, Becky!

aola said...

No, I don't usually bet on things when I know I will lose :)