Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's raining again or more accurately, it hasn't stopped. My knees and elbows are so achy.
According to my brain, an increase in calories means I can eat whatever I want. Obviously that is not a good thing. I'm going to be posting my food journal here for the next few days to see if that will help keep me on track. For some reason I am craving sweets in the middle of the day. Anyone have any idea why? My thoughts are that I feel tired and my body thinks something sweet will give me a perk which it does for about 30 minutes and then I crash. Anyone have an alternative option? Today my goal is to not give in to the craving. If I have the craving I am going to make a healthy shake.

Breakfast:
2 Whole Wheat Grain waffles 210
1/8 cup syrup 100
2 slices turkey bacon 70

9 a.m. snack:
Zone bar 210

Post workout snack:
Pear 98
String Cheese 60

I haven't planned the rest of my day yet. I'll add it once I do. My workout plan is a HIIT session and an upper body strength training session.

5 comments:

aola said...

When I'm really craving something sweet I usually have a little cereal or granola. It usually fixes it for me but then I'm not a big sweets eater.

I raised my calories from 1200 - 1400 to 1400 - 1600. The first few days it was actually hard for me to eat that much, felt overstuffed but I'm about to level out now.
I've increased my walking time and weights to go along with it.
No weight gain so far.

Kristen said...

I go through the sweets craving in the afternoon sometimes, too. Usually it means I'm tired, like you said. I try to eat something sweet (like fruit) with some protein and/or fat (natural peanut butter).

Looking at what you've eaten so far today, maybe you need a little more protein in your diet. Protein will really help with satiety. What do you think?

Sandra said...

Aola, I'm not a big sweets eater either. I just go through phases. Way to go on raising the calories!
Kristen, I do think it is because I am tired. You are right on the protien too. I'm just having a difficult time finding ways of adding more protien considering there is no microwave or fridge at work. I've thought about brining some hard boiled eggs in my little cooler. Any other ideas?

McMom said...

Soy nuts, peanuts, beef or turkey jerky. You could put yogurt or cottage cheese in the cooler or low fat cheese. The eggs are a great idea.

Kristen said...

I can't remember if you like cottage cheese or not, but that's an option. The eggs are a good idea, too. I like mine hardboiled with a little pepper. Make sure you are eating meat at lunch, too...3-6 oz of chicken, turkey, fish or beef.

I like to have a protein shake while I'm working out. Just mix 3-6 oz of skim milk or water with protein powder and go. Really simple. Nuts are an okay source of protein, but they are really a better source of (healthy) fat.

PS-Good for you, Aola! :)