Monday, April 10, 2006

I Heart Junk Mail

If it weren't for junk mail, I would not have worked out today. When I don't eat well, I have a tendency to toss out the workout. For whatever reason I think that both have to be spot on or why bother.
Today I had all but talked myself out of working out when David brought in the mail. There at the bottom of the pile was an offer for a free subscription to Fitness magazine. Because they use these to entice new customers, the envelope was stuffed with inspirational quotes and pictures of hot bodies. It was this quote that got me off my duff "I don't always want to workout..but after I am done, I feel like I could conquer the world!"
I did a 7 minute HIIT session with a 5 minute warm up and cool down followed by 25 minutes on the total gym. My arms were so tired afterwards that it was hard to shampoo my hair. It feels good to know that I can workout in spite of myself. It feels good to know that HIIT won't kill me even though I think it came pretty close tonight. Like an idiot, I bent over right after my session and got light headed. Don't worry, I won't do that again.
I added a protein shake after my workouts. It has 15 grams of protein. When combined with 2% milk (I'm all out of skim.) that's 25 gram
s.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good for you. It's nice that HIIT is so short, huh?

aola said...

You Da' Wo man!!

Sandra said...

Yes it's very nice that HIIT is short and that you only have to do it 3 days a week. Anymore than that and I think I wouldn't do it. I have to phsyc myself up as it is.
We're all Da'Wo man! :) Thank you.