Friday, April 21, 2006

Per Kristens advice, I made old fashioned oatmeal in the microwave this morning. I was in such a hurry that I didn't watch it and it bubbled over. What was left in the bowl was still okay. This may sound completely wierd, but I put a spoon full of natural peanut butter in it and sprinkled some splenda on top. It was very yummy and kept me full all morning, so full in fact that I couldn't eat the hard boiled egg I had planned to have with breakfast. I just had it with my string cheese and pear.
I purchased all of the ingredients to make Beckys breakfast recipe. I'm planning on making them this weekend so I will have them for next week. I also bought a new protien shake mix which has more protein and less carbs than the one I was using. I went out on a limb and bought Wasa bread, a.k.a. cardboard. It's not so bad when I put Laughing Cow light cheese on it. In fact, it was a yummy snack yesterday.
I've realized that I tend to think I need to have everything in place and be perfect at "dieting". In reality, I just have to take it one step at a time. I know this theme has been repeated over and over again here, but sometimes I just have to stop and remind myself that 90% is really okay.
Thanks for all the support ladies!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Good for you, Sandra. (I love the oatmeal + natty pb combination--one of my faves!) I have to remind myself of the 90% thing, too. I also have to remind myself that I'm not going to get instant results!

McMom said...

You go girl!!! You are doing wonderful!

aola said...

The oatmeal/PB combo sounds really good to me, too. The other day I threw a bunch of healthy stuff in a bowl such as(reduced fat) PB, oatmeal, flax seed, raisins, walnuts added a little brown sugar, a little soy flour, a couple of eggs and called them muffins. They were delicous, really high in calories but it was on a weekend and I called it good.

From what I've read the last couple of days you are doing a terrific job on your eating.

Kristen said...

Yum, Aola! Sounds gooooooood. (I never buy the reduced fat pb because it's all healthy fat, but I was wondering, how does it taste? Is it natural pb? No sugar or preservatives, just peanuts and salt?)

aola said...

the only reason I had it was because Levi accidently picked it up at the store. It wasn't bad in the muffins but I wouldn't recommend it to just eat by itself.
I don't buy anything but Jif, for the sake of preserving my marriage :)

Sandra said...

Mom's like you choose Jif. :) I have to get all natural with salt. The stuff without salt is just not good at all.
Your muffins do sound good A!
Thanks Kristen and Mcmom. :)

Kristen said...

Ah, the things we do to please our spouses! LOL So true!