Thursday, April 20, 2006

Two month goal

I feel so much better when I exercise in the morning! It's crazy--I feel more attractive, I feel happier, I feel more prepared, I feel more kick-butt! I can do anything!

Today I biked to my mom's house (about a 10-minute ride), lifted weights (upper body), and biked back home. It's exactly two months until my 25th birthday (June 20), so I'm looking at that as a short term goal to get consistent and healthy. I've kind of been ho-hum with my workouts lately (just running when I feel like it and the weather is nice), but I'm trying to kick my booty back in to gear. The eating has been great (other than a cookie here and there), but getting up early is just not my thing. Sandra is my inspiration--she gets up so early!

Erica, how is the getting up early thing going for you?
Becky, how's everything going now that you're heading for the home stretch?
Aola, how long are you walking now?
Cheri, how's your new eating plan?
Jeanne, are you working out, girl?
Sandra, don't be overwhelmed! I'm coming to help!

Love you all-Kristen

6 comments:

Sandra said...

You can do this Kristen! I may be your inspiration for waking up early, but you are my inspiration for lifting and eating right! I'm sure that the warmer days of spring and summer will help out, and by the time winter is back you'll have a strong routine going.
Thanks again for your help! :)

Kristen said...

Thanks, Sandra! Seriously some mornings when I wake up, I think, "Well, Sandy's already been up for an hour...I can do this!" :)

Sandra said...

Did I mention that I'm a complete zombie for the first hour of work?

aola said...

I don't do early... but I admire those who do :)

in answer... when I do walk, which has been pretty sporadic the last couple of weeks, I am walking 20 minutes twice a day.

The eating habits and exercise has become pretty routine for me, probably has gotten too easy. I'm sure I need to increase the exercising some to push myself but I keep thinking the increased activity of summer will help.

We are working on getting the pool clean. Mark and I are planning on swimming every day.

Sandra said...

Swimming is such an excellent exercise! I used to swim every day at my dads and I know it accounted for a lot of the weight I lost my Senior year of high school. I was the thinest I've ever been that summer. Plus it's just nice to be in the water. :)

aola said...

cleaning the damn thing is pretty good exercise too