Monday, April 17, 2006

GETTIN' BUSY

Well, girls, How did we do?

I actually did pretty good this weekend...... if it just hadn't been for all that cheesecake I ate :)

No, really, for Sunday dinner (knowing that Levi and Charlie's families would be going else where later to eat again) I only made ham, a large salad (with lots of veggies in it), deviled eggs, and rolls.
Saturday night's dinner wasn't quiet as healthy. I fixed baked (breaded) chicken strips, mashed potatoes and corn ... oh, the carbs. But, I ate very small portions. (1 piece of chicken, no potatoes, 1/2 cup corn).

I did not indulge in any of the Easter candy laying around but I did eat a couple of pieces of key lime pie and a couple of pieces of cheesecake over the course of the weekend at a whopping 450 calories per slice. OUCH!! (and not good calories either)

I missed most of my exercise time last week (because of the horrible cramping that accompanies my period) I did walk this weekend but that's all.
I miss the exercise, which still just amazes me, but I do miss it when I don't do it. My body literally aches.

SO, today I am gettin' busy.... we still have company but I am going to get back to my normal eating and exercise routine as much as possible.

7 comments:

E. Michelle said...

I am doing well on exercising... I have been so sore from weightlifting on friday. But i must have entitlement issues: I ate Easter candy and didn't think about doing otherwise.

Sandra said...

Yeah I ate Easter candy too. Other than that I didn't do too horribly. I went out to dinner twice this weekend. Once I split a hamburger and indulged in Molten Lava Cake split between three of us. The second time I had a salad. Both times, I ordered salad. Today I had more easter candy, but I put it all in a zip lock bagy for David to take to school with him tomorrow. I'm heading to workout right now. Onward and upward right?!? er um downward.....

Sandra said...

Yeah that should have said that both times I ordered water to drink. :)

McMom said...

I ate a few little pieces of candy, but I have been being very careful to eat the IR way. I ate some protien after eating the candy. My wt. was down 1.2 lbs at WW today. Any little bit makes me happy. That is down 5.6 since trying to eat the IR way.

aola said...

It really is beginning to be "lifestyle" instead of a task, isn't it?

Cheri. Wow! that is amazing. after all those months of no weight loss it sounds like you have finally found the key.

What was the name of that book again?

Kristen said...

I was out of town this weekend, so I basically had to eat whatever was before me to eat. But it turned out mostly okay. :)

McMom said...

I do pray I have finally found the key! The name of the book is The Insulin Resistance Diet, by, Cheryle R. Hart, M.D. and Mary Kay grossman, R.D.

It is turning into a lifestyle for me and when I see results it makes it worth it! My family is having to learn that there is just some stuff I can't eat anymore.