Saturday, April 08, 2006

I haven't had much to say lately except in the comments sections, probably because not much is happening with this "finding skinny" way of life.
I lost 14 pounds in the first two months ,11 the first month, 3 the second and then nothing. The scale wouldn't budge.
After talking with you guys and doing some reading on MSN health and other places I decided to try to jump start my metabolism by increasing my calories a little.
I went from eating 1200 - 1400 calories a day to eating 1400 - 1600 a day. I also increased my exercising a little to compensate.
Rocked along for about a week with no weight loss, no weight gain.
Then I got up yesterday morning and the scale had jumped UP 5 pounds.
Now, why couldn't it have gone down 5 pounds that easily?
That really sucks!!

Everything I read said there would probably be some weight gain at first so I'm trying not to panic or throw in the towel.
I printed myself a list of the best proteins to eat and posted it in the kitchen along side my Super Foods list. I am trying to increase my protein intake.
I'm hoping that with all the extra activity in the summer and sticking with this routine that I will lose some weight by the end of summer.

I will be starting on the new supplement, gugulipid, next week.
I go back to the doctor in June to have my lipids checked again.
My goal is to have my lipids in the normal range by then and to, at least, be able to say I have lost some weight.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Uh, yeah, A, I can guarantee you you haven't gained five pounds in a week. Okay? It might be a little water gain from having a few more carbs, and just the "ebb and flow" that is weight. Don't worry about it too much, okay? It might, might, might be one or two pounds. You are doing the right thing; you'll be better in the long run (and able to eat more!).

Sandra said...

It is so frustrating to not see loss when you are depriving yourself isn't it!
I'm with you on the increasing calories. I went up this last week and didn't see an increase so I'm relieved, but I still have to catch myself because I'll feel all excited when I'm under my calorie limit. I have to remind myself that it isn't a good thing.
I agree with Kristen, no way did you gain five pounds in a week.
What is your list of protiens? I need some help in that area.