Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In Support of Stretching

In my rush to start a new workout routine, I completely forgot to stretch after my workout last night. This morning, my back won't let me forget.
I'm working on healthily increasing my calories to 1760. Yesterday the calories were increased but I didn't stick to the healthy part. Today I will do better.
Last night I tried out HIIT which is what Kristen does. I did intervals of intense running (about 8 mph) on the treadmill for 20 (a few times I only made it for 15) seconds and lower intensity for 60 seconds. I only managed to do 5 intervals. I was pouring sweat!
It's raining here again. If I didn't know any better, I would think we had moved to Seattle. The sky today is a strange milky green hue. The clouds coming in from the West hold promise of more rain. All this rain is sucking the life out of me. I could barely get out of bed this morning.
Please forgive me if my attitude seems less than positive.
It's been a week and 3 days since I've had any coffee.

9 comments:

R said...

How's the coffee thing going? Out of curiosity, why'd you'd quit?

aola said...

NO COFFEE!!!!!!

ARE YOU CRAZY?????

Kristen said...

Uh, this is why Seattle is a coffee town. LOL We can't handle the gloom all the time.

Sandra said...

Becky, I'm not sure I made a concious decision to quit. I just replaced my coffee with green tea one day and kept doing it. Before I knew it, I hadn't had coffee all week. Today is testing me though. Starbucks is next door. It would be so easy to go have a yummy mocha to warm up this cold and rainy day.
Aola, yes I am crazy. I think it's been mentioned before. :)
Kristen, is it rainy there now? I thought it would be a little ironic if it were sunny there and raining here.
This is California. We pay a high price for good weather. I want a refund.

Kristen said...

Actually, today it is sunny. For the first time in a while. Jason went out and BBQ'd in the rain last night; we're thinking about BBQing again to take advantage of the sun...if it stays around all day.

Green tea still has caffeine, but it's not as strong as coffee/espresso, right?

Isn't HIIT killer?

McMom said...

Florida is sunny , but we NEED rain badly! Everything is withering up.

aola said...

really? I thought green tea,like herbal tea had no caffine.

Sandra said...

Kristen, yes green tea has much less caffeine than coffee.
Does it sound like I did the HIIT session right? Would you reccomend shorter spurts ie. a 10/30?

Kristen said...

Nope, you did it right. It's usually in a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. I don't think 10 sec:30 sec would give you enough time to recover.