Thursday, April 27, 2006

I am trying something different this week. I still keep my food journal almost every day, not as strictly as I did at first but I still pretty much keep up with daily calories. This week along side my column of food/calories I wrote a column for exercises that I plan on doing each day, then at the end of the day I either mark them off as done or feel like a loser...

it's weird but it is helping.

Just knowing I would have to leave an empty spot on my check list has helped me stay on track a little better this week.

I haven't really given up, I'm still staying within my calorie goals, still doing most of the exercise but I kind of have given up hope that it is ever going to really change anything.
To be honest, I just don't have the time or the energy to do any more than I am already doing and week after week of not seeing any change is bringing me to that point, once again, of not caring.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

This sounds like it could work for me. Can you send me a copy of the page? I'm where you are in the caring department, which makes me feel guilty. Dang. Do you ever watch "The Red Green Show"? It's Canadian. Something he says is, after a funny monologue to men, is "I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're in this together." I love it. And, I'm pulling for ya.

R said...

I like the list idea -- my mom and Nate are list makers. Maybe I should join them.

Kristen said...

I'm sorry you're discouraged, A. Have you done the whole trouble shooting to see why you're stalled? Or are you just feeling like, "Hey, this is all I can do for now." ?

Sandra said...

I like Jeannes comment. We're all pulling for ya!