Friday, June 30, 2006

A few good articles

This one is about getting out of your comfort zone. Really challenging and good! I loved this quote from Lance Armstrong:

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever.”

(For me, the pain is getting up early to exercise, not the muscle pain so much. But still...it's all about sacrifice for greater gain.)

This one is more interesting on a psychological level. It doesn't have a lot to do with fitness, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

My goals for this weekend are to get lots of activity and active rest and to indulge sparingly in sweets and fried stuff and eat veggies and lean protein as much as possible. I also need to avoid soda and drink lots of water to stay hydrated in the heat. I want to keep my goals in mind while also having a nice little relaxing vacation.

Have a great weekend, girls!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I really loved the first article! How inspiring! I'm going to make something visual I can print out and keep in my purse. I think I have been thinking this for a while now. I've been telling myself that if I want to get where I'm going I've got to push harder and harder. Basically, if it's easy it isn't working.
The second was good too! I'm not sure it applies to me right now, but it's good information to have on hand just in case.
Thanks for the articles!
Stick to your goals! I know you'll make it!