Wednesday, June 21, 2006

for sandra and my other peeps, a story:

How's work?
Work is a revelation... a wormhole into a parellel dimension where

I AM HOT.

Apparently, all I have ever needed to do to become Attractive Supreme is

1. Tie my hair up
2. Don ill-fitting tuxedo pants
3. Work in a steakhouse

I am being hit on at a rate of three passes per hour (co-workers and guests alike). I have been earnestly and sincerely asked to break my marriage vows (co-worker). I barely survived this at first (yes I cried) , so sheltered have I been for 27 years.

But now...
I can handle it. I can cope. I can roll my eyes and say "you are scum."
I can laugh and tell my ego that none of this is worth getting inflated over, these idle remarks are boorish. I can tell my inner Passion and Purity'd adolescent that: I am in no danger. Crass as it all is, it is work stuff and I can leave it there.

But I thought I should let you know how work "is"!

9 comments:

aola said...

supports my theory that most men are pigs
I just don't get why they think that is ok or that you like it????? or that any woman ever liked it

R said...

Well, you are attractive supreme, and people are weird.

Kristen said...

Erica, it's because you smile with your eyes. They sparkle. You are real. Other people fake it, and when encountered with the beautiful realness that is you, men just can't handle it. :)

Sandra said...

Attractive supreme, I like that. Like a woman pizza with all the toppings. :)
If they get to be to much tell them you have a friend named A that'll take care of them.
You'll do it right A?!?

E. Michelle said...

Kristen, that is really funny because when I was younger my mother would tell me to "smile and make [my] eyes smile too."
and thanks all for the morale!

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I posted a comment on your May 23 blog post. :o)

Jeanne said...

Oh, by the way, Erica, if A won't do it, I will. Better yet, we can kick some butt together. :)

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I'm gonna use that Attractive supreme comment at work. It's such a crack up.

Jeanne said...

Well, I shared this blog with a couple of my girlfriends - they loved it! Ya'll are becoming famous.