Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One day down...

I typed up an entire entry and then blogger lost it! Oh well, I guess my fingers need the exercise. :)
Here is my food journal for yesterday. I stayed in my calorie range and only had one small piece of dark chocolate in the afternoon. I also drank all my water. I took a two hour nap in the afternoon so I wasn't able to squeeze in any cardio, but I did my strenght training session conisisting of the following exercises doing 5 sets of 6 reps for each.

Bench Press @ 65lbs
Leg extension @ 35lbs
Full Squat @ 65lbs
Standing Military Press @65 lbs
Deadlifts @65 lbs
Seated Cable Rows @ 35 lbs

My goal for today is to take a nice long bike ride and stay within my calorie range. I also want to increase my positive self talk.
We'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

You are really getting strong, Sandra. I'm impressed!

aola said...

WoW, me too, very impressed. I just moved up to 35 lbs for bench presses 3 x 10. I will feel like I have accomplished something if I ever get to 65lbs!!

Sandra said...

I think that starting out at Curves had a lot to do with how much I can lift. People can smack talk it all they want, but it does work. As far as progression goes, you have to move on from it, but for someone who knew nothing about nothing when it came to strength training, it gave me a good place to start. I really feel that I could push myself even farther if I had a spotter, but since I don't, I play it safe. I haven't come to the point where I couldn't lift the bar the last time yet. Once David is out of school, he'll be my spotter.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. :)

aola said...

sandy,
what is it called when you lay on your tummy, bending knees up?

Sandra said...

Sounds to me like thats a hamstring curl.