Thursday, June 08, 2006

spinning off into insanity....

After my post last week, things got a little out of control, but I'm reeling myself back in. For a few days I lost all motivation. I thought about going on the Starbucks diet. Everyone I see at Starbucks is skinny. I thought about ordering Hoodia in the hope that it would make me hotia. I thought about just giving up and letting whatever happens happen. It took a few days of venting my frustration to realize that all the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwhiches weren't going to fix anything. In fact, they will only make it worse. So, I've kicked myself in the butt once again and I'm going to keep trying things until something works. I'm still working out and have added two days of running. I'm re-aranging the calorie intake to include 2400 calories for two weeks. At that point, I'll drop it down to 2100 and see what happens. I cut out my afternoon dark chocolate and the sugar free ice cream bars are no more. I've also exchanged my morning Starbucks for coffee made at home sweetend with a low calorie mocha creamer. I'm adding in a Curves workout here and there because I'm here for seven hours and might as well move my booty while I'm here.
It's been a little crazy this week. Erin's had dance practice after school every day, and David is out of school. It's tough to follow an eating plan when he is home, but I'm sticking to my guns.
On a good note, I bought 9 lbs of oatmeal from Costco yesterday for eight bucks. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering the oatmeal at Safeway is four bucks for 2lbs. Nine pounds should last me a while.
I really need you ladies to help keep me focused and on track. Don't let me slack on checking in here. If i'm not posting, I'm probably eating something I shouldn't be or finding an excuse not to work out.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Maybe a bit of a break was what you needed. It is easy to drive yourself crazy with this stuff. I will bug you to come check in here, buddy.

aola said...

I agree with Kristen, sometimes you need to just say to hell with it and binge a little, then climb back on board and get going again.

In the long haul it won't change anything.

R said...

Agree with the other two.

We're behind you.

Stephanie said...

You can do this. Have faith and be strong.

:)

Sandra said...

Thanks everyone! I'm going to do this. Yesterday was not so good. I'm just giving myself until David is back in school to focus on the diet again.
The workouts are good!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a reasonable plan, Sandra.

aola said...

9 POUNDS OF OATMEAL!!!

Wow! That's a lot of oats.
I've been making lots of muffins with oats and other good stuff and I eat it every day for breakfast.
What are you going to do with 9 lbs?

Sandra said...

Please send me one of your muffin recipes! :) I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Luckily it did come in two sealed bags so it will keep for a good while. I do have oatmeal every morning for breakfast.

aola said...

ok, I just made this up but it works...and you may kind of have to adjust it to whatever you are adding into it

1 -1/2 to 2 cups of flour ( I use unbleached most of the time but you could probably use a soy flour or whole wheat)
1 cup oatmeal
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

that's the basic stuff

you need to add 1/2 - 1 cup of oil or you can also substitute yogart
and 1/2 to 1 cup of some kind of sugar or sweetener (depending on what you are adding)(I sometimes use brown sugar)

then you get really creative.

I used chopped cherries and pecans once.

Blueberries or

banana, walnuts, cinammon or

peanut butter

dried cranberries and orange juice.

Throw in some flax seed or meal.

The consistency needs to be moist but pretty sticky.

Place in muffin cups, bake 20 min. at 400 degrees.

It's fun to come up with new ones.