Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sandy,
Here's the recipe for muffins:

ok, I just made this up but it works...and you may kind of have to adjust it to whatever you are adding into it
1 -1/2 to 2 cups of flour ( I use unbleached most of the time but you could probably use a soy flour or whole wheat)
1 cup oatmeal
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

that's the basic stuff you need

add 1/2 - 1 cup of oil or you can also substitute yogurt (when you use yogurt they are kind of gooey but have a good flavor)
and 1/2 to 1 cup of some kind of sugar or sweetener (depending on what you are adding) (I sometimes use brown sugar)

then you get really creative.

I used chopped cherries and pecans once.

Blueberries

or banana, walnuts, cinnamon

or peanut butter

dried cranberries and orange juice.

Throw in some flax seed or meal.

The consistency needs to be moist but pretty sticky.
Place in muffin cups, bake 20 min. at 400 degrees.

It's fun to come up with new ones.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you! I'm going to have fun with these this weekend. I like to have something other than just plain old oatmeal for breakfast on Sunday. :)

Sandra said...

Apparently, I am not Betty Crocker. My muffins lacked a lot to be desired. First of all the batter ( if you can call it that) was really dry. I tried adding a little more oil with no luck so I threw in an egg. They came out very dense almost like a biscut texture. The taste was okay. I think I went super light on the sugar to keep them only healthy side, but should have added a little more. I'm going to keep trying. :)