Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm reading a book, A Weekend to Change Your Life. evidently she has written a couple of others on the same subject of women taking charge of their lives. A lot of what she says I do agree with, especially the part about taking care of ourselves, our whole selves - body, soul, and spirit. I like that she talks about the need to carve time for yourself out of your busy life and that sometimes means saying NO to people, letting go of unhealthy relationships and just doing things because you feel like it is required of you.

What I don't like about the book, which she states in the first few pages and it kind of put me on the defensive for the whole book was that she left her husband so she could find herself.

She doesn't give any prerequisite for this, she doesn't say he was a bad husband or unfaithful, just that she left him so she could be alone and do the things she wanted to do.

That's a bit drastic, I think, and it did sort of ruin the rest of the book for me.

I'm off to start The Feminine Face of God.

I am going to add 5 more pounds to my bench presses starting next week, that means I'm up to 40lbs.
I have also added some stair climbing to my daily routine. It really hurts my knees so I will go slow.
I still haven't picked up the bike, just can't seem to get to Walmart.
I have worked out every night this week but one.
I started counting calories again just to see how much I was eating. On most normal days, eating healthy and feeling satisfied I am eating between 1600 - 1800 calories.

My weight remains the same.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm reading The Feminine Face of God right now, but not really able to get into it too much. I guess my mind just isn't focused on reading right now. The good thing about books is that they are always there waiting for you. :)
I'm upping my weights the week after next.
You go girl! How's the finger?

E. Michelle said...

I read quite a bit that weekend book and had the same feelings in general, except that I thought she had a lot of insightful things to say... so I guess I am leaving Chris;0

Kristen said...

At least you aren't gaining A! (Except muscles, right?)