Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Monday ladies!!!! How is everyone? Things here are going well. My weekend was horrible food wise, but Erin and I did go swimming on Saturday. We opted not to go rollerblading because it was so hot. We're planning on going today before it gets to warm.
I made some yummy cranberry oatmeal muffins last night, and had two for breakfast this morning. I threw in some flax meal too.
What do you ladies thing of this article? I'm thinking about incorporating it into my routine so my week would look something like this.

Monday
Zone Training

Intensity: 70% Maximum Heart Rate (MHR)
Volume: 30 minutes
Mode: optional

Tuesday
Lifting

Wednesday
Interval Training

Intensity: 60% MHR with 30-45 second Sprint Intervals incorporated every 3 minutes
Volume: 30 minutes or 10 Sprint Intervals
Mode: optional

Thursday
Lifting

Friday
Mixed Mode Zone Training

This session utilizes three different modes of cardiovascular training. Training with this method adds variety, challenges muscles to work in diverse capacities, and alters perceived level of effort (intense training should not feel as difficult as you switch modes of exercises - you just have to try it!). Perform ten minutes of each mode as described below.

Intensity: 70% MHR x 5 minutes; Increase intensity to 80% MHR x five minutes
Volume: Perform for three different modes, total of 30 minutes
Mode: Optional three (i.e., treadmill, bike, stair master)

Saturday
Lifting

Sunday OFF!

This is of course just something I'm thinking about. Erin and I are really into riding our bikes right now and I don't want to give that up. I think I could incorporate this with the bike rides.
Here's to a great week!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah, varying intensities is a good thing, if not from a "shock your body" point of view, at least from a "giving your body a rest once in a while" point of view. I wouldn't worry too much about it; I would just try to include some low (walking, easy swimming), medium (jogging, hiking, biking) and high intensity (sprints, running, etc.) work each week.