Friday, May 26, 2006

Confessions of the Eighth Month

I know A has already sung the virtues of Flaxseed Oil on this site, but I have to join the chorus. Great stuff, that seems to start working rather quickly for a supplement. All the pregnancy books write (rather gleefully) about how pregnant women walk around constipated for nine months -- not so with Flaxseed Oil. Plus, I think it's also helping me avoid stretch marks, at least on my torso. My chest is shot, but what does one expect when one jumps three bra sizes in a week? So, take Flaxseed Oil. I shoot it into my food because I'm too big of a weinie to take it straight.

And, this is bad, but confession is so freeing. For the first three months and for a long time before I got pregnant, I took my mulitivitamin religiously. I don't now, and haven't for a few months. I hate it for no legitimate reason. On the good side, I really pay attention to what I'm eating to make sure I hit all the major stuff baby needs.

Oh, and I should have kept running. For some reason, in the first few months, I had this idea that I was going to become instantly huge and cumbersome and unable to run. That didn't happen, and I think I could have comfortably kept running at least until now, even if it was only a mile. Now, I'll have to start completely over with no base after the baby is born. Sigh.

I was sad because I gained two pounds in two weeks at yesterday's appointment, bringing me to 17 lbs. total, but the nurse practitioner acted impressed. With the recent heat, she said all the other pregnant women were gaining between 5-7 lbs. in two weeks. When she checked out my swelling ankles (what ankles?), she said they were the best she'd seen all day and hardly swollen. So, sigh, once again, all the other pregnant women are more miserable than me, and I am a weinie.

The eighth month has made me tired at the worst time. There is so much to do, and all I want to do is find somewhere to prop my feet and sleep. This weekend I will get the crib refinished if it kills me.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for the tips, Becky. Confess all you want. :) We're here to listen.

aola said...

17 pounds, WoW. You will be thin again fast!
I take my flax oil straight up with a orange juice chaser and actually like the way that they taste together.
When I first started taking it I was amazed at the difference it made in my skin.

Good luck on that crib.

Sandra said...

17 lbs sounds like nothing, though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way. You'll get everything done, and if by chance there is something you don't get to, you can make your mommy do it when she comes out. :) That is what grandmas are for.