Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Venting My Frustration!

After raising my calories to 2300/2400 I cut back to 2000/2100 and lost nothing. Absa-freakn-lutely nothing. So, I posted over at Oxygenmag to get advice and only became more frustrated. First, someone tells me that my maintinace should be 3000 calories a day. No where have I read that. I've read everything from 2400 to 2800, but never as high as 3000. I don't even think I could eat that much in a day. I mean, it would be nice to be able to eat that much, but I'm just not sure it's true. Then they totally ream me for the coffee that I have 3 to 4 times a week. Which is a short, nonfat, no whip, why bother sort of coffee anyway, but at least it makes me feel better about having to be awake before the sun makes his appearance. Then they tell me I shouldn't have my 2 dark chocolate hershey kisses that I have maybe 3 times a week. Lastly they said my sugar free nonfat 50 calorie fudge cicle is a no no. WHAT THE HECK! They were all very nice about telling me that I wasn't eating 100 % clean which I already knew, and I'm not sure they could have told me in a way that I would have been happy about it anyway.
I guess my frustration is that I always hear small changes can make a big difference. I've made a lot of small changes and only seen very minimal results that don't even last. Obviously, I've gained muscle and feel better, but there has to come a time when the weight and size fall in line with everything else. I can't be 200 lbs and a size 16 forever. It's not fair to do all this work and still look the same so that anyone looking at me would think I don't know what the inside of a gym looks like. Not to mention, everyone and their mother (outside of the Oxygenmag people and Kristen), feels the need to tell me that I am eating way too much. ARGGGGGGGGGG! I can't keep this battle up on faith alone. Results are necessary at this point. If I had just lost 1/2 a pound I would have been okay.
Here is my Daily Menu at 2100 calories. (No mention of the coffee, chocolate, or fudge cicle is needed.) :)
Okay, I've vented now. Thanks! :)

6 comments:

aola said...

what she said....

I do all the "right" things and that damn scale never budges.
I'm about to the point of not caring.
I enjoy working out with Seth and I've always eaten fairly healthy so I will continue to do those things but it looks like the rest doesn't really make that much difference on way or the other.

R said...

For the record, I don't think you're eating too much. I maintain my weight at about 2100-2300, normally. I'm kind of guessing because I don't count well, but I think I'm close.

And, didn't you just say you started last week? Couldn't that be throwing everything off?

R said...

Okay, I looked at your daily diet, and I know I'm biased this way, but I still think you need more protein.

Sandra said...

Becky,
I should have included everyone here in the list of those who don't think I am eating too much. :)
Does this meal plan look any better?
http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/nutrition_food_chart.asp?sid=%29nME%5Fs%2F8P%2Aac%2Fgj%27C%5Foa+Op%3DrqU%40Rm&iMTGoalNum=6265457&dteDateShowing=5/30/2006&bGetElementByID=,%20TRUE

A, I'm starting to feel that way too. :(

R said...

I can't read the last part of the address. Sorry :(

McMom said...

That was/is my exact frustration, until I found out about being insulin resistant. I started eating the way they said to for that and the weight is finally coming off!! 14 pounds so far. I eat no refined carbs and I have one serving of whole grain ,(linked with protien) with breakfast and lunch. The rest is veges and protien.