Thursday, May 18, 2006

Emily

The swimming season is about to begin here. As long as it doesn't hurt her, Emily will swim every day for at least an hour sometimes longer.
I was thinking about putting her on a diet (hate that word)during this season and see if we could take off some weight. She is soooo fat, probably 100 pounds overweight which I know makes her life even harder.
I sat down with paper and pen and started figuring what she eats now and I'd bet ya' that on an average day she doesn't eat but about 1200 - 1500 calories a day. Her metabolism is so slow and, of course, she gets almost no exercise because of her leg.
She walks around the house, dances in her chair (moving arms and legs while sitting)and that's about it, except for the swimming.
So, after looking at her calories I don't think I can cut them anymore.

I'm thinking I will just up her protein intake and see what happens.

She does love peanut butter!

What do you think?

10 comments:

McMom said...

How old is Emily? I would give her more protein, maybe in a shake, and try to decrease her starchy carbs. It is finally working for me! I am still losing. I eat lots of veges too and all carbs, other than veges, are linked with protein.

Kristen said...

I agree with Cheri. :) Maybe she'll drop a little weight with her increased swimming, too.

aola said...

Cheri, that's a good idea. I think she would like the chocolate protein powder.
and I am going right now to order that book....
thanks for the reminder.

Sandra said...

Has she had her thyroid checked? I think the extra protein and swimming sounds like it may work.

aola said...

Sandy, yes we have had it checked. It is not the culprit.

R said...

Do you think Em could could lift light weights with you? Arms, maybe?

aola said...

she probably could Becky and I do have some small dumbbells for her to start with. Maybe I can get her interested

That's a great idea.

Sandra said...

I think lifting weights is a great idea for her. I bet if you got her some pretty pink ones she'd go for it! :)

Kristen said...

Too bad there aren't any cheetah-print dumbells...

E. Michelle said...

I think you are a very cool mom, a.