Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How far should I go in my quest to expand my caloric intake? I'm currently pushing 2200 and feel full pretty much all the time. According to the scale I've gained a minimum amount of weight. It's nothing I'm freaking out over. Should I push through to 2500 and then begin to decrease once I've reached that point? I've tried looking up what my caloric intake should be but have come up with everything from 1700 to 2800. Is the truth somewhere in the middle? Should I just listen to my body? I'm ready to start cutting back, but only if it is the right thing to do. Whats the most high calorie food that is still really good for you? I need a way to increase without adding bulky food as I'm already sooo full!
Confession, the last two days I've eating brownie bites. I froze them thinking that would keep me away, and normally it would, but I'm close to starting my period and nothing chocolate is safe in my house.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I think listening to your body is a pretty good place to start. If you've been measuring and weighing yourself, you should have a pretty good grasp on where your maintenance is after a while. Mine is around 2100-2200 calories personally. If you find you can maintain around 2500, then glory be to God, you can diet around 2000-2100. Now that is cool. :) I would stay at maintenance for a few weeks and then cut 10-20% out of your diet and see what happens from there (you should start losing weight/inches again).

As far as increasing cals without eating "bulky" food, you may want to look at your fat intake. Fat is not the devil. :) Add another ounce of nuts and you've got 100-200 calories of good-for-you fats right there...

Good luck.