Monday, May 15, 2006

Grasping At Straws

I haven't been successful in this venture at all lately. 5:30 a.m.s are good for me, but Chris has a really hard time with it and it is not nearly as easy without a partner.

So tonight I was in one of my moods, the dark ones that feel like emotional tornadoes. I'd been in it all day long and by the time Chris got home, i was exhausted from my own emotional weather. Beat down by it.

I was at the point where I was ready to take it out on someone else. and that is when I said

Let's go workout.

Yep, that is right.

And we did. We took Judah to that nursery where they FALSELY labeled him aggressive last time and he did just fine. (that is the first time i have ever given anyone a second chance with my son and it worked for me.) I upped my elliptical workout by two levels of resistance and did Just Great. Great. GREAT.

And I am feeling better.

I have no idea if I will be a fit person, but i know that today I made a good decision. that'll have to be enough for today.

4 comments:

R said...

Chalk it up as a victory.

Kristen said...

Good stuff, Erica.

Sandra said...

Great job! One victory at at time! That was so smart of you to decide to workout rather than lash out. You deserve a big pat on the back!

aola said...

one good choice at a time.. I like that attitude.

Our oldest son, Levi, works in a high stress job and he is a pretty intense guy so he has decided to go back to his martial arts classes... I feel sorry for whoever they partner him with to fight... at least he won't be taking out on his wife.