Thursday, May 04, 2006

So I've been wondering...


if it's okay to run in my jog bra (and shorts or pants, of course)? I'm not as skinny as this chick (above)...but, okay, I'm just gonna say it: I don't have big boobs, and I don't think anyone would be mesmerized by my flat chest, especially without any bouncing going on. (The bra smashes them down pretty well.)

I live in a liberal area...I don't think anyone would even look twice at me. Many people exercise like this; I'm just not used to doing it myself. What do you ladies think? Is it a do or a don't?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, I've been doing great with the exercise this week. Monday I ran in the morning and lifted at night. Tuesday I walked over two hours over the course of the day. Wednesday I ran at lunch (I work from home on Wednesdays so I can hit the showers after a run) and walked with Jason at night for 40 minutes. Today I lifted weights and am going for a walk with a friend tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably run in the morning...we'll see. Eating...mostly good...probably about 85% good, but I think I'm eating too much. I'm eating at maintenance--my measurements haven't changed although I feel a little firmer. I think I need to eat below maintenance so I can see if I can lose a little fat off my legs, though it's going to take a lot of time. We'll see. Power to my girls. Try to kick a little ass today, ladies.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

1. Don't believe a word about people not looking at Kristen. She turns heads every time I'm with her.
2. You totally know you can't lose weight in one area. You're thin enough.
3.You're a safety-conscious runner, so I think it's ok to run in the outfit shown. It's not immodest.
4. I love you.

Kristen said...

1. Whatever. You're my mom so you have to say that. Besides, I don't want people to look at me while I'm running--that's the point!
2. Meh. Don't use knowledge I taught you against me, girlfriend! :)
3. Okay, thanks. Me and my pepper spray thank you.
4. Love you too.

aola said...

I think it all depends on what YOU are comfortable with. If you don't feel self conscience in that outfit..go for it.
Sounds like you have had a really good week so far.

Sandra said...

If I could get away with running in that I totally would! I agree with your mom, you probably do turn heads, and Aola, if you are comfortable in it, go for it. I don't think it's immodest at all.
Way to go on the workouts! You are kick'n ass!

E. Michelle said...

i have had this question for a long time too...
and I think it is okay.
unless you will be passing construction workers or landscapers...
they aren't all bad, but it makes me really uncomfortable. It is like in their job description to at least stare.

Kristen said...

Thanks, gals.

Yeah, Erica, I passed some guys working on a roof the other day. Even though I was fully clothed and sweaty and red-faced, they all felt the need to stop and stare. So true.

aola said...

Yesterday I was walking thru the Walmart parking lot when a really pretty young woman (maybe 17 or 18) got out of her car and stared walking in the same direction. She was just a few feet ahead of me. We passed a couple of men, one in his 60's, the other probably mid-30's. The 30 year old stared her up and down with this smirk on his face. It made me sick at my stomach. I thought... "You @#%#@#$ pig." I felt sorry for the girl, although I don't think she even noticed him and felt glad that I am old and fat and don't have to put up with that shit anymore (except from an occasional old leech)