Friday, May 05, 2006

Well, I keep thinking... slow and steady wins the race but it sure doesn't give you much to blog about :)

I was just thinking about me running down the street in that little black jogging bra and a whole crew of roofers falling off the roof and dying from laughing so hard.....
that'd teach the pigs, huh!

No, really, I've had a pretty good week. Eating was fine except for one day when some sort of junk food demon must have possessed my very soul because I ate french fries twice in one day, once with a Braum's (ie.. huge) burger. But, I came to my senses after having indigestion along with nightmares all that night.
Exercise was good. Having to mark it off every day makes me think twice about skipping it.
It is not getting much easier to lift that 20 pound dumbbell but I'm increasing slowly.
I noticed something last night I had not noticed before.
I was lifting it with my right hand over my head and without thinking put my left hand on my waist ( I guess to steady myself) but I could really feel the lift working the muscles in my side, hmmm.. I didn't realize it was working those muscles, too.

Mark and I looked at weight benches this afternoon and I showed him which one Seth and I want. He is going to stop and get it next time he is in town with his truck. Cool. It has a thingy for leg weights too. Very cool! I guess we will put it upstairs in Seth's big bedroom.

I am still hooked on salad with kalmata olives, feta cheese, lots of onions, and a hint of olive oil dressing.
My favorite snack still remains my smoothie with everything healthy or a 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt with blueberries and a spoonful of soy protein mixed in.

So, what has been your favorite health food this week?

Congratulations to all of you for working so hard at getting and staying lean and mean and especially to Mcmom for her huge weight loss of 9lbs and counting in the last few weeks.

I weigh on Fridays. This morning I had lost 3 pounds but that's liable to change by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's surprising how much you use your core muscles, like your abs, to stabilize yourself while lifting. I never do any direct ab work; I figure squatting and deadlifting 60-70 lbs works my abs enough. Haha.

I know what you mean about those Braum's burgers. Yum. I worked at Braum's for a week when I was in college, but my boss kept hitting on me, so I quit.

My favorite snack has been cottage cheese and slightly thawed, frozen strawberries. Yummmmmmm.

Sandra said...

You are doing awesomely A! Your salad sounds yummy!
My favorite is still an apple with all natural peanut butter. It kills any sweet cravings I might have and my asian chicken salad with a much better salad dressing thats made with non hydrogenated soybean oil. It's yummy and it fills me up!
I had an egg roll this week and was up all night with an icky stomache feeling. It was like my body had no idea what to do with it.
I haven't seen any loss, but I'm okay with that. :)
Way to go mcmom with your 9lbs of loss!