Thursday, May 18, 2006

Last night David and his friend Jeremy tried one day of the workout Kristen pointed me to at Oxygenmag.com. It was the most hilarous thing! Never in my life have I seen two grown men complain and gripe more than they did last night. When they did the squats their legs hurt. When they did the military press, the barbell was too long and off balance. They paid no attention to the recomended number of reps and sets. They both gave out after 3 sets. At one point I couldn't help but laugh. David got a towel and rolled it up to rest the barbell on his back while he did the squats. Boys think they are so tough, but when it comes down to it, they aren't all that tough. I do that work out once a week by myself and never complain. Sure it's tough. Sure, I'm sore the next day, but it is what it is. Silly boys. I'm so glad he doesn't read any of these posts. He wouldn't be happy about this one. I have to mention that when I started this routine he refused to do it because he didn't wan to do a "girl" workout. I explained to him that it's acctualy a workout for anyone and that a guy who's as big as The Hulk created it. It still took me several weeks to get him to try it. I think he will not make the mistake of calling it a "girl" workout again.

4 comments:

aola said...

Sandy, would you post the link again to that workout, please. I tried to find it the other day and never did.
Thanks!

Yea, last time Jason was here he picked up my barbells and was amazed that I could do as many reps as I do with it!

Kristen said...

That's so funny, Sandra. Hahaha. You should show him Thunder's pics sometime. Dang, that guy is huge.

Sandra said...

http://www.oxygenmag.net/showthread.php?p=160708&posted=1#post160708

there you go. :)

aola said...

thank you