Monday, May 22, 2006

Living the Low Carb Lifestyle...

I'm doing something a little new. I'm trying to wean myself off refined, starchy carbs. According to the research I've been looking at, the first 3-4 days are killer (energy levels plummet, etc.), but your body needs very few carbs to function well. You still need fiber and vitamins from fruits and vegetables, but breads and sugar-filled stuff--you don't need it to survive. (Duh!)

I'm inspired by Aola and Becky's examples; I can do this!

5 comments:

R said...

Give your body about two weeks to start feeling good. For some reason, it makes me feel clean. Weird, I know.

Kristen said...

Thanks, Becky.

aola said...

yeah, me too. I felt like I was starving for the first couple of weeks but after that I had felt better, less of the highs and lows that come with starch/sugar.

Stephanie said...

I love how I feel when I am "low carbing" just be cautious of your energy levels and when you're doing a lot of cardio, sometimes I feel a little sluggish if I a running a lot on very few carbs in my system.

You'll definitely see the pounds just fall off soon :) Good luck!

Sandra said...

Without really making a concious effort, I cut out pretty much all of this stuff a while ago. The last thing to go was my flaxseed bread which is sprouted whole grain, but I stoped eating it. I get my carbs from fruits and veggies. On occasion I have brown rice with dinner and maybe a baked potatoe, but I haven't had bread or pasta in a long time. On my off meal, I sometimes splurge on these items and I always feel slugish and icky afterwards.