Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My weight training sessions are going well. I think I could be lifting a little more if I had someone to spot me. I would wait and do my workouts in the evening with David if he didn't get home so late and if it seemed like he and his friend had any idea what they were doing.
The lifting routine at OxygenMag that Kristen pointed me too is great! My legs were so sore last week! I went easy on the weights so I could find the right level. I'm still making adjustments.
I didn't do so well with cardio last week. Even though I only do HIIT twice a week, I managed to skip both days. My goal this week is to include them in my workout.
The diet side of things is getting better. It's difficult to convince myself to eat more. Gaining weight scares me even if it is only temporary and better for the long run. I just keep telling myself it is the right way to do it.
I bought the most delicious Tilapia at Costco this weekend. I also bought some yummy soy nuts and soy/flaxseed chips from TJ's.
I've convinced Erin that all natural peanut butter really does taste great especially when put on an apple.
small steps, very very small steps.

5 comments:

aola said...

What's Tilapia? I really like soy nuts.
I really like lifting weights and I have to tell you.. even tho ya'll told me girls don't bulk up my arms are looking pretty buff.

I need to go buy a bench for Seth and me.

aola said...

oh, yeah, by the way... I'm not having any trouble at all eating more :) and so far I still haven't gained any weight.

Kristen said...

Dang it, Blogger just ate my post. GRRRRR.

Here's the mini-version:

Tilapia is fish. I've heard it's good; haven't tried it myself.

A, if you're concerned about getting big arms, you can always go into maintenance mode (eating a caloric deficit or at maintenance level and/or not increasing weights as often). My shoulders are getting a little bigger, but I like it. Most people who complain about their arms getting bigger fail to take into account that they have a good amount of fat over their muscle, and that once the fat starts shrinking away over time, the size of their arms will be smaller--plus they will look sexier!

You may be able to find a weight bench at a garage sale; people are always selling off their old fitness stuff.

Sandra, good for you on the weights. Step by step! Don't worry about HIIT too much--with all the lifting, you're already doing a lot of intense work.

aola said...

Oh, I don't mind that my arms are looking bigger, it's better than flabby :) and yes, I'm sure there is still plenty of fat to worked off! but I don't guess the excess skin will go with it, huh?
Geez, being old sucks.
There is a nice bench at Walmart for $50.00, it just takes me forever to decided to spend money on stuff like that.

Sandra said...

Tilapia is a white fish. I made it with lemon pepper seasoning. David couldn't even smell the fish. He hates fish.
Thanks Kristen!
I have to tell you ladies that I thought I was going to get away with not being sore today, but oh my goodness! Around 10 am my legs started feeling it and then my shoulders and then the muscles in my back. YIKES!! I like it though. It lets me know I've worked something.
Aola, we found our bench at a used sporting goods store for a very reasonable price.