Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Extremely cool

I'm going to start working out after work instead of trying to pull myself out of bed in the morning. My hubby has graciously "allowed" (you know how that works) me to push back our dinner time as long as he gets a good snack beforehand. (He's hypoglycemic, so it is always imperative to get some food in him at certain times--even when he's not hungry--just to keep that blood sugar going.) I'm really excited about this. No more guilt-ridden mornings, "Ugh! I didn't work out!" Woo-hoo! Plus, more sleep, another great thing. I think it will also help me get out my "frustrations" after a long work day--work has been incredibly "GARRRRRGH! I'm going insane!" lately for me.

I went swimsuit shopping and ended up getting a fairly cute one, but I still, after all these months, wish to high heaven I could somehow cover my legs. They just seem chunky, fat, ugly to me. Cellulite city! I wonder if any of those coffee and Preparation H treatments work?...

I'm trying to focus on the positive. We're going to a water park in July with some friends. Honestly, normally I would wear a bikini (nothing too provocative) because my upper body looks great, and I'd rather have the attention there, but with all the Christians I'll be with, I'm nervous...I ended up buying an extremely modest tankini. Meh. I don't worry about the guys lusting over my tiny B-cups or my flat tummy, but you know girls...can be judgmental...

7 comments:

aola said...

Since I am not a morning person at all the working out in the evenings sounds good to me.

Hope it works for you.

Sandra said...

I usually workout in the afternoon and I love it. Sometimes it is a struggle with the eating. I want to make sure I have fuel for the workout, but I can eat right before a workout without feeling sick. It's a delicate balance.

If I were you, I would have worn the bikini. Who cares what they think. If I had the body, I'd wear one.
Odly enough my legs were my biggest concearn this year too. I think I've grown accustom to my belly so it doesn't bother me, but these thunder thighs covered in celulite are a relativly new occurance for me. I got a suit that has a halter style top. It accentuates what little chest I have and takes all the attention away from my thighs.

R said...

Ugh, legs. I bet we all have strong ones, though.

Kristen said...

Absolutely. I love feeling my muscles under my legs, and the way my legs feel after squats. I try to focus on what good my legs do and how strong they are (and hey, I can walk and run! that's pretty awesome!) when I'm feeling down about them. It makes me feel better to know you gals struggle at times, too. Thanks for being open about it.

Kristen said...

PS Jason said he thinks I should totally wear the bikini...but I know he's biased...

Kristen said...

I'm a dork, I meant to say, "I love feeling my muscles under my fat!" Ha!

aola said...

my legs are kind of skinny in comparison to the rest of me which looks a little odd but they have "old lady" skin... they look pretty good (if you don't count vericose veins) unless I'm in too short shorts or a swim suit.