Thursday, March 30, 2006

3 month evaluation

Ok, I went to the doctor yesterday for my 3 month check-up.

Overall I have lost 14 pounds.
My triglycerides have dropped 64 points... HOO RAY!! this was the one I was concerned about.
My cholestrol only dropped 1 point, but the LDL (bad) was up from last time.
I wonder what in the world that I'm eating would cause that?

I had hoped for a better report but I guess it's not too bad for only 3 months.
I will go back in another 3 and test again and again until I get the weight and the lipids under control.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That's good! It's what you've been working for!

Any chance the high LDL is simply heriditary? Doesn't seem like it would be your diet...

aola said...

kristen, I'm sure that it is heriditary but don't you think I should be able to control it with diet and exercise? I just don't want to have to take drugs to control the cholestrol and wreck my liver in the process.

McMom said...

Way to go Aola!!! Congratulations!

Kristen said...

Absolutely. I would certainly hope you would be able to control it. Perhaps it will just take more time to lower it.

aola said...

I am taking niacin right now but you can't stay on it long because it builds up in your system after a while and becomes toxic. I am going to continue it for one more week and then start on a new supplement, gugulipid, that I have not tried before.
I really believe that there is a way to grow old and stay healthy without pharmaceuticals.

Sandra said...

You've worked so hard, you totally deserved those results! Way to go!