Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Moving on up

Well, my foot is 95% better. I probably won't be doing any running for another week or two (it's raining like crazy here anyway...what's that saying...March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? I hope so.), but I hope to get back to lifting weights and riding the stationary bike again tomorrow.

I've been feeling very sluggish lately, and J is blaming it on my lack of exercise. He's probably right. Pray that I can get my momentum back.

I'm still struggling a little with having appropriate goals, especially since my goal of "consistency" has been so consistently SCREWED UP as of late. :) I am pretty happy at the size I am, though sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "Ugh," like most of us ladies do from time to time. Health itself is always a good goal, but it's a little abstract.

Anyway, I appreciate you ladies, and you have really kept me on track, even as I've been unable to exercise (or walk--haha!).

2 comments:

aola said...

I've kind of been in a slump too. A year or so ago I put Em and myself on a pretty strict diet. I lost 20 pounds in the first 3 months and then stalled out. It is the exact weight that I am now... I've stalled out again. I was to the point of giving up but this morning I woke up with a new resolve and a new determination to get past this point. I doubled my walking time today and I'm going to try to keep it up. I feel like if I can just get past this hump I'll be on the road again.
I 've been thinking about new goals, too. Once I go to the doctor next week I need to come up with a new goal to set, something to shoot for.

Sandra said...

I'm glad your foot is feeling better! It sounds like we've all been in a slump. We'll call it the 3 month slump.
I totally feel like if I can just push past this I'll see great results. I just have to do it.
Goals...I have decided to make my goals less about the number on the scale since that seems only to disapoint. Eating more fruit and veggies, drinking my water, taking my vitamins, working out six days a week. Those are goals that I am in complete controll of. The weight seems completely out of my hands.