Monday, March 13, 2006

Hi There

Well, this Wednesday is my last day at Kirk's. I had my exit interview today. It was okay and the general manager blessed me. I got a new job at my church. It feels kinda weird...I worked there before. When I left, I was totally burned out. FAL had become my world - my social circles, my worship, my ministry, my work. That stupid obsessive-compulsive way of mine. I know you understand. It has taken me literally years to get over it. My dearest friends are happy that I'm doing this, partly because it's a proving to myself that I'm not a failure. And it fits me.
And these changes bring with them their own set of stresses...ah well.
Darren is settling in in Mississippi. My heart is still spasming, but it's not an aching mess anymore. I was feeling bad and sorry for myself and I remembered my friend ? who had a son Darren's age who drowned. Sorta put things in perspective you know? Course I did not want to hear that last week, but I knew it would get better. And it has. I was able to redecorate Darren's room and it's cute and ready for guests. Anyone want to come? Any time, girls, I mean it.
So, 24 is on and I need to go to watch it. My husband is looking at me like I'm a crazy woman. AND he just said to me, "You'd rather watch THAT than SuperNanny?" Well, duh!
He loves WifeSwap shows, too. What a funny guy. I hope its making him realize I'm pretty normal. Ha ha. So, see you all soon. Eat well, exercise as much as you can and love who you are.
(How's that for profound.)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You are always profound. Thanks for spotting me today. Whew!

Sandra said...

Profound in deed! :) I love 24 too! I haven't watched last nights episode yet. I was watching SupperNanny. HAHAHA!

aola said...

There is a lot of new stuff happening in your life, Jeanne!
Hope the transition goes smoothly for you.
Levi tells that 24 is really good, I've never watched it or Super Nanny.