Friday, March 17, 2006

Not so great week

I have been injured all week. I worked out on Monday and Tuesday; both workouts were great. All day Tuesday my neck was really stiff. I couldn't turn my head to the right. I felt like Zoolander ("I'm not an ambi-turner!")

Then on Wednesday night, just as my neck was starting to relax and not hurt so badly, I started feeling a twinge in my right foot. Weird, huh? I have no idea what happened. (Maybe from wearing some tight shoes a few weeks ago...I don't know...) Now I can't walk on the inside of my foot or big toe; it's killing me. Which of course means very little exercising. Heck, I'm having trouble standing up for more than a few minutes, let alone keeping my balance or running.

Yesterday after work, my foot was so swollen I could barely shove it into my shoe to go drive home (fortunately, Jason was driving). I started bawling on the way home; poor J didn't know what to do. I had been holding it together all day (it was a huge day at work yesterday), but dang, it really hurt! He took me to McDonalds (not a great option, but there was no way I was cooking that night).

I was supposed to drive down to Portland today to see my best friend who I haven't seen in two years (she just moved there from Colorado Springs), but there is no way I can do it. I might be able to drive, but then I'd just need to have my foot up all night and wouldn't be able to really hang out with her. I'm so disappointed...about missing workouts, about not being able to go see Carissa, everything. Blah. These things may sideline me for a while, but I'm not going to let myself get discouraged.

4 comments:

aola said...

I'm sorry you are hurting. Do you think it was from working out too hard the first of the week?
Take it easy this weekend and be good to yourself!

Sandra said...

I second the be good to yourself! Take time to recover and let your body do what it needs to. I have complete faith that you will be back as soon as your body will let you. I hope that your feel better soon!

Kristen said...

No...I don't think so it's from working out too hard. Maybe my upper body lifting exacerbated my stiff neck a bit, but the foot thing is just odd. I haven't done cardio or anything with my feet in a while, so...

Thanks for the encouraging words, y'all.

Jeanne said...

I think she should go to the chiropractor and have him do a little foot manipulation. It worked for me. But today is better, so she says. (Mom)