Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The bad thing about David being out of school is that I want to eat what he eats. I've been doing so great in the mornings! I've been packing my lunches and snacks. Today I had an omlet for breakfast with an orange and green tea. I have a light yogurt for a snack, and letuce wraps for lunch. My goal today is to not eat when I get home. I will have lunch at work around 12 and I don't want to eat again until 3 when I have my afternoon snack which will be 3 whole wheat crackers with laughing cow light cheese. I know if I can hold off, I will stay at my calorie range. It's those hours between 1 and 3 when I tend to snack like crazy. I know I can do this. I'll be checking in tomorrow to let you ladies know how I do.
With David home, I'm much less likely to workout. I ran for 30 minutes at work yesterday but did nothing else once I got home. I really feel like if I can just push myself through this it'll be great, but I'm having the hardest time staying focused.

5 comments:

R said...

Sounds like you're doing great.

aola said...

You also need to enjoy your husband... worry about your diet next week when he's back in school.

Kristen said...

I notice when I am really hungry in the afternoons, it's because I haven't eaten hearty enough during the day so far. Make sense? Are you getting enough fat and protein? My biggest issue is craving something sweet after lunch; I got into the habit of getting a candy bar every day after lunch several months ago, and while I've kicked that habit, I still feel a craving a few days each week.

Sandra said...

Thanks Becky.
A, you are right, and I am enjoying him. He's at work until 5 so I have plenty of time to workout. I just put it off and then use him being home as an excuse not to workout in the evening.
Kristen, the eating in the afternoon is a habit. When I worked at my previous job I would not take a lunch and would get home around 1pm and be ravenous. I would eat anything and everything. I now bring a lunch to work but walking through my door at home is a trigger. I'm not hungry, my brain just tells me I should eat. I've cut back drasticly but I've still managed to go over my calories every day for the last few weeks just by snacking durring that time.

Kristen said...

Boy, I totally understand that habit thing. The good thing is, you can make a new habit. :) You're doing really great, Sandra. Hang in there.