Monday, March 20, 2006

Today...

I start a new job. Well, it's a job I've sorta done before, in a place where I've worked before...but that was ten years ago, so actually its a new job. I'm nervous though.
Today I begin again with my new lifestyle of eating better and exercising more. I fell off the "wagon" BAD. But, shoot, you can only just get back up again, right? It's a journey; it's a marathon; it's a work in progress. Looking back on this particular aspect of my life, it looks like a toddler learning to walk. Sure is good to have other's hands to hold sometimes. Thanks, ladies.
Today, I choose to not worry about my kids (just because I'm their mom) or my husband who has been sick for three weeks, or my friend who has suffered numerous strokes.
Today I'm not going to watch so much TV. Today I'm not going to eat BBQ potato chips or cookies.
So far, so good. I've been up for 20 minutes. Coffee's perking. It's not raining. (I know some of you really need it, so I'll ask that it be sent to you.)
Have a good today, dear ones.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You're gonna do great. Thanks for your help this morning with the blog. Love you.

Sandra said...

Keep pushing Jeanne! We will all get there! You are so strong to put all thsoe worries aside and thing about yourself. We're all rooting for you!

aola said...

"So far, so good. I've been up for 20 minutes"

You are too funny, girlfriend!

It doesn't matter how long it takes us to get this right as long as we are working towards a goal of living long and healthy. Every little bit we do manage to accomplish is something good we have done for ourselves.

We will get there.