Friday, March 31, 2006

Gugulipid

gugulipid






What Is It?

From the resin of the mukul myrrh tree (Commiphora mukul) comes a remedy--gugulipid--that holds promise for lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels as effectively as certain prescription medications. Native to India, this tree is closely related to the plant that provides the fragrant myrrh described in the Bible.

The tree’s resin is called gum guggul, or guggulu. Traditional Ayurvedic healers in India have relied on this resin for centuries to treat arthritis and obesity. Interestingly, as early as 600 B.C. they were giving it to people who suffered from a condition associated with regular overindulgence in rich foods and a sedate lifestyle--what we now know as atherosclerosis.

Research has subsequently revealed that the refined resin (gugulipid) inhibits the formation of artery-hardening plaque. In addition, it has been found that active ingredients called guggulsterones encourage levels of cholesterol and fat to drop. This in turn lowers the risk for heart disease. Guggulsterones may also help to control arthritis-related inflammation and may aid in weight loss.

General Interaction

There are no known drug or nutrient interactions associated with gugulipid.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Well, guggalu is definitely a fun word to say. LOL

Are you gonna try this stuff, A?

aola said...

Isn't it a fun word? I've been walking around the house saying it.

Yes, I am going to try it. I ordered it yesterday from web vitamins.

Sandra said...

It is a fun word! I'm very interested to see how it works for you. Keep us posted!

McMom said...

I was looking for products that have to do with Insulin Resistance and came across this product.

http://www.techmedica.com/glucofast.html?utm_source=Overture&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Glucofast&utm_term=insulin+resistance&kwgroup=gf_ins_resist&OVRAW=insulin%20resistance&OVKEY=insulin%20resistance&OVMTC=standard


Boy, that is a long address!! I hope it works! Anyway one of the ingredients is guggul.
Do you think this is a good product?

aola said...

Cheri,
I don't know anything about that company but I do know that $74.95 is a ridiculous price.
From what I read about gugulipid it is a natural product that is supposed to break down fats, thus helping with lowering cholestrol and in turn weight loss. I'm going to try it and see.
I only paid $14.00 for a 100c bottle at webvitamins.com I bought one that has 12.5mg of gugulsterones which means I need to take 2 pills a day.
I found this out about it in my Natural Health encylcopedia which is my health bible!

McMom said...

That is a crazy price! I found a great book on how to eat with Insulin Resistance. It was only $16.00 and I really think what they are saying will work. I started it tonight. It is called the Insulin Resistance Diet, by Cheryle R. Hart, M.D. I bought it at Barnes and Noble