Monday, February 20, 2006

Back in the saddle again

So I'm back on track today!

I thought a little about beating myself up, guilting myself into doing better, but decided there is absolutely no point. So much of my "falling off the wagon" this past week and a half has been about circumstances beyond my control anyway...so it's time to move on.

Of course, I have two meals--one today and one tomorrow--that are totally "outside the plan." Tomorrow is my coworker's going-away party; long story short, we are basicallyeating a cafeteria. So I'm not so sure about the food choices...should be interesting. The other is dinner tonight; I thought Jason's sister and brother-in-law were just "stopping by" tonight, but no, I'm cooking dinner and that means spaghetti. Whole wheat, yes, but not sugar-free sauce or very lean hamburger or anything like that. Sigh. Oh well.

My workout went well this morning. I did split squats for the first time (similar to a lunge, but your feet are stationary, if that makes sense), and boy, my quads were/are burning--in a good way.

Since I don't eat much fish, I decided to start taking fish oil supplements for all their wonderful benefits. I thought I knew a lot about fish oil, but what I didn't know was that they can make you nauseous when you first start taking them. Ha. Glad I know now; I was worried I was coming down with the flu or something. (I have been overly tired lately...) As I was searching to figure out what I was nauseous, I discovered fish oil is sometimes used to treat depression. Very cool.

Anyway, hommies, how's your day going?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Great job on not beating yourself up. Life happens. The point is, you keep going. You are doing great. I didn't know that about the fish oil either. I used to take it a long time ago, but stoped because I kept forgeting it. I know any suplement with oyster shell makes me feel like puking. Not a good feeling.
Explain the squat for me? I'm interested.

Sandra said...

Thanks for the link to the split squat. They do a lot of those in TBL video and I do them in my 12 minute morning cardio. I don't do them with any weight though. Props to you for doing them with weight. That's impressive. I have to really be carefull when I'm doing them to not hurt my back by hunching over or my knees. They do burn the booty though!