Monday, February 20, 2006

I've put it off all day, but I'm going to go and work out now. I am going to try the six week Biggest Loser workout. Also, I bought some dumbells that came with a video and I'm going to do that as well. My eating today hasn't been the best. It's so hard when we are all home together. I'm not going to freak out about it. After ten days of not working out, I didn't gain anything. I am so relieved. I expected to have gained something.
I have a new goal. I want to lose another 5 pounds by March 18th. We are celebrating David's birthday that weekend and while we are only going to his sisters, I've just set it as a mental date that I'd like to reach 189. My birthday is in July and I hope to be around 160 by then. That's 34 pounds in 5 months. That's six pounds a month. Think I can do it? I think it's pretty lofty, but I'm going to give it my best! I hope we all have a less hectic week this week and can focus on oursleves.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

It's definitely a good goal to shoot for. As long as you don't get bored with TBL workout, it will probably really help you get to your goal!

Here's a link to the split squat (with a little man showing you how, too!): http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBSplitSquat.html

EXRX is one of my favorite sites for learning proper exercise form; it's awesome.

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I absolutely think you can do it!

aola said...

I think 6 pounds a month is absolutely feasible, that's only 1.5 pounds per week.

YOU can do it !!

Kristen said...

Sorry, that link looks messed up...too long for poor blogger. I'll separate it into two sections, but it's all one link:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/
Quadriceps/BBSplitSquat.html

Sandra said...

Thanks Ladies! 1.5 lbs a week doesn't sound too crazy. :) It would feel so awesome to be at 160! It's going to feel so awesome!