Thursday, February 16, 2006

I have not worked out since last Thursday. I've noticed two things.

1. My appetite is much less than when I am working out. (This is very reassuring to me because I was begining to think I was a garbage disposal.)

2. It's very hard for me not to work out. I've been working out consistantly for two years now. Last night I did a small part of a pilates video but my stuffy nose kept me from breathing properly.


I've lost 2.5 pounds since last Thursday. I'm sure part of it is muscle and part of it is from being sick.
It's interesting to me to see what my body does when I change things. I'm considering doing a different kind of workout when I start back on Monday. I've been visiting Spark People and I like the strength stuff they have there. Really, you should all check it out. It's a very nifty site!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So what kind of workout are you thinking about doing?

(I don't think you could have lost muscle that fast unless you are only eating carbs and no protein...you probably lost a little fat and water weight since being sick leaves you dehydrated usually. Just a thought.)

Sandra said...

Kristen,
I'm not 100% sure about the new workout. I think it will include The Biggest Loser workout video, more time on the treadmill, and some free weight activity. After two years at Curves, I am just ready for a change. Which isn't to say I won't still workout there some, I want to add variety though.
Yeah, I am sure you are right about the muscle thing. I have no idea. :)