Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I was reading on the "Better Body" website a couple of days ago and the post titled "State of my Nation" really stuck with me. She talks about how easy it is to slip back into your old eating habits without hardly even realizing that you are doing it.

I think I was doing that. Eating a little more at supper or going over my calorie goal just a little but more often....

I'm glad I read that, it woke me up. So, at the top of this weeks journal page I wrote:

GET STRICT YOU'RE SLIPPING

And, for the last couple of days I have been more aware of staying on track. I am just NOT going to screw this up this time. I have 40 more pounds to go. I expect it to take a while and that is ok because this is for the rest of my life.

I didn't walk Sunday or Monday because I was cramping so bad but we made two rounds today at a pretty steady clip, I did my yoga exercises this morning and plan on doing weights tonight. Levi called me a minute ago from Walmart to tell me they had a nice weight bench and bar in stock for $50.00. Hopefully, I will pick that up this week sometime.

Hang in there you guys! We have to do this for life.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I must admit I've been guilty of the same. The past three days have been tough. Today was better though. I think training the mind is more difficult that training the body. We are going to do this though!
I'm going to check at WalMart for that weight bench. I really want to work on defining muscles.

Kristen said...

It is so easy to fall back into old habits! It's good you noticed before you really "fell."

suzy said...

It's a lifestyle, it's forever - I'm 53 weighing 84 lbs but only 5ft small and still calory-counting - doing it since I was 11!! Once you get the ratio between food and exercise right it's easy to stay level but you're right - we can never "sit on our laurels" - so to speak! Good Luck and keep your chin up. Sooz