Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Just call me Lemony Snicket

So here's the dish on my happenin' V-day:

Through a series of Unfortunate Events, Chris and I were left sans babysitting last night.
My firstest thought was, I kid you not girls, " shoot, now I won't be able to parade around in my fabulous V-day dress."

But that turned out to be the least of my immediate concerns: Judah burned his hand on the humidifier i use at night for his cough. Today it has a huge blister on it. Last night this accident pushed back the eating of our expensive takeout by at least an hour, but when we finally sat down, I had my hair curled, my fancy dress on, and red frou-frou slippers.

I love my husband. We ate, we watched Kill Bill vol.2, we made out. I am sure that last part seems like too much info, but I am ALSO quite certain it was tame compared to most other people. I had a great valentine's day.

Chris writes the best cards. We recently watched The Constant Gardener (film about being radical activist for africa and getting killed in the process) and both cried our eyes out. So on my valentine's card he wrote:

Valentine,
I wouldn't even consider saving the world with anyone else.

You would have to watch the movie to truly appreciate the reference, but I have been over the moon about it all day.

enough gushing.
I just didn't want any one to feel sorry about my dress.

Love to my girls,
Erica

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What a great v-day story, other than Judah getting hurt of course. What a sweet card too! AWWWWWWWW :)

aola said...

a stay at home Valentines celebration sounds wonderful to me!
Sorry that Judah got hurt,OWie.
Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to see that movie. I have it on my queue.

Kristen said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet, that Chris.

Sounds like you had a romantic night.

Jeanne said...

You know, it's those little "inside" comments/memories/jokes/etc. that mean intimacy. That's the most special thing, I think. How's Judah's hand today?