Monday, February 06, 2006

It was a busy weekend! We went to my sister-in-laws house to celebrate Erin's birthday. We had a great time. I had pizza and ice cream cake but other than that managed to be pretty good. I'm sure I burned off most of the calories chasing around my neice and jumping on the trampoline. My sister-in-law and I decided to have a competition to see who could bench press the most. Really, I just wanted to see how much I could lift, but she insisted on seeing who could do more. I totaly smoked her! I maxed out at 105. When I did 100 I could feel it and at 105 I could barely lift it back up. Not to shabby huh? I've never really been into weight lifting so I'm not sure what is the norm here, but David said it was really good.
I made chicken orientale for our Super Bowl festivities. They were delicious and nutritious. I think if I make them again I will add a little spice.
I now have Mondays off and am so proud of myself for going to workout after taking Erin to school. It would have been easy to just take the exit and come back home, but I didn't. I went to work out and acctually pushed myself really hard.
I'm going to do a HIIT session this evening after I pick up Erin and that will be it for the day.
I went shopping today and bought a super cute new pair of pants with little gems going down the side. I love em! They are my new favorite jeans. :)

3 comments:

aola said...

WoW. That's as much as Levi lifts! you are a Super Woman.

I still haven't gotten a bar and bench so I have no idea what I would lift. But, that sounds like a lot to me.

Kristen said...

THAT is awesome! Especially for a woman!

I'm not sure what my one-rep maximum is, but right now, I'm benching 50 lbs (for 4 sets of 6).

Don't you love buying new clothes?

Sandra said...

thanks A!

Kristen, it sounds like you're the super woman. I'm not sure if I could do 50lbs for 4 sets of 6. We are looking into buy a bench and weight set. I really liked lifting. The problem is we don't have much time together to lift and of course we have to have a spoter.
Yes, I LOVE buying new clothes and feeling oh so sexy in them. :)