Thursday, February 02, 2006

My pattern in the past has been to start a diet do fine for a while, cheat one day, and then give up as if one day of cheating ruined the entire diet and rendered me incapable of any weight loss.
This time things have been different. As you all have seen from my posts I have slipped, fallen, and picked myself back up and kept going several times over the last month. Today was one of those face in the mudd days. I had chocolate and a cup cake. It wasn't horrible. I probably went over on my calories by a couple hundred. I felt guilty, but this time I didn't feel like throwing my hands in the air and saying "Forget it. I can't do this."
I went shopping today and tried on clothes. I fit into a size 14 fairly comfortably. I didn't buy them because I don't want to stop here. I will buy new clothes when I can fit into a 12.
For my one month reward, I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow. I'm taking miss Erin with me for her birthday. It should be fun. :)

4 comments:

aola said...

I've had the same feeling lately... why bother, but then I just keep going instead of quitting.
Besides I can't stop now, I look too weird at this phase of the diet, skinny legs and butt (well for me) and fat tummy. I have to keep trying to lose the belly fat.

chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug.....

Tell Erin we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kristen said...

Good for you for sticking with it! You are an inspiration, you know!

Have fun with the pedicure!

Jeanne said...

We just can't quit. It's very important to each of us and to all of us collectively. So I congratulate you on your determination.

Jeanne said...

Oops, published comment too soon. I also wanted to say that I've had a rough couple of days, too. The sugar beast is overcoming me, but I (and we) shall prevail.
There's a lot to be said for this group concept...it's so very helpful.
Hang in there and good rewarding - a pedicure sounds lovely.